Youth Active Council
The Youth Active Council (YAC) at Coogee Beach SLSC is a small group of cadets ranging in ages from 14-17. The YAC meet once a month at the Surf Club to discuss what the cadets would like to see happen within the club.
They talk about fundraising idea's, ways to become closer to other surf clubs in our area, organise camps and fun activities in the off season and they talk about what the cadets would like to do on a Sunday morning.
If you would like to know any further details, please contact the Club’s Youth Development Office – [email protected]
About Youth Active Council
Have a say in your club! The Youth Active Council (YAC) is a group of youth aged members who get together on a regular basis to work together as a team and act as a voice for their peers. The YAC is open to all members in the ages 14-17 who would like to join and be a part of an inclusive and fun youth program/environment in our club
Some of the YAC achievements are:
- Preliminary fit out and update of the Youth Lounge
- Planning andorganising two off-season social activities
- Planning,organisation, supervision and effective delivery of the 2015/2016 Beach Bumz camps
Some of the YAC Objectives are:
- Coordination of Activities to keep CBSLSC youth members together and in contact through the off season, activities to be developed and coordinated by the junior YAC members with support by the senior members.
- Design YAC t-shirt/shirt and submit for approval
- Identify and complete opportunities to raise funds for the YAC
- Completion of fit out of the youth lounge.
- Organise and Facilitate two camps for the CBSLSC (JBUMZ and Beach BUMZ 2017/2018). Senior and Junior members will provide support towards activities and put into action their leadership skills during the two camps.
If being a part of the YAC is something you would like to be involved in and you want to develop your leadership skills, then please send an email to the Youth Development Officer [email protected] to express your interest.