At Coogee Beach Surf Life Saving Club we are committed to involving our youth in a way that encourages and supports what they enjoy as well as opening up new opportunities. We aim to offer new experiences and expose our youth to the many different roles that are important in running a club and being involved in a volunteer organisation. We aim to deliver on this commitment and we will be sure to have a lot of fun along the way.
Whether you currently patrol, attend Sunday morning training (Nippers), help the younger kids or other activities around the club we value having you around!
Here at Coogee there are various pathways for our youth to be involved in our club.
We offer access to a variety of Surf Life Saving accredited training opportunities such as Bronze Medallion, Advanced Resuscitation Techniques and IRB Crew - or work your way up to become an IRB Driver!
Become a Patrolling member, train as an Assistant Age Group Manager (accredited at 16yrs old) or become a trainer (accredited at 16yrs old).
Club Sport training activities – access coaching in the different surf sports areas such as Surf Rowing (for Bronze Proficient Members), Board Paddling, Beach Sprints and heaps more.
Hospitality Work Experience - Youth Members of the Club can obtain work experience with the potential to gain paid work in the Club Functions & Events area. To express your interest send an email to the Venue Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or Youth Development Officer email@example.com
If the beach activities are not your thing, nominate to be a part of the Youth Active Council, try some of the alternatives mentioned on this page or come to us with an idea - opportunities are only limited by your imagination!
About Youth Active Council
Have a say in your club! The Youth Active Council (YAC) is a group of youth aged members who get together on a regular basis to work together as a team and act as a voice for their peers. The YAC is open to all members in the ages 14-17 who would like to join and be a part of an inclusive and fun youth program/environment in our club
Some of the YAC achievements are:
- Preliminary fit out and update of the Youth Lounge
- Planning andorganising two off-season social activities
- Planning,organisation, supervision and effective delivery of the 2015/2016 Beach Bumz camps
Some of the YAC Objectives are:
- Coordination of Activities to keep CBSLSC youth members together and in contact through the off season, activities to be developed and coordinated by the junior YAC members with support by the senior members.
- Design YAC t-shirt/shirt and submit for approval
- Identify and complete opportunities to raise funds for the YAC
- Completion of fit out of the youth lounge.
- Organise and Facilitate two camps for the CBSLSC (JBUMZ and Beach BUMZ 2017/2018). Senior and Junior members will provide support towards activities and put into action their leadership skills during the two camps.
If being a part of the YAC is something you would like to be involved in and you want to develop your leadership skills, then please send an email to the Youth Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Content to be provided
Youth Activities and Events
At Coogee Beach Surf Life Saving Club we aim to have regular activities for our young people. These include things such as disco nights, ice skating excursions and our annual Junior and Senior Beach Bumz Camps. There are also opportunities to participate in activities and camps that are held by Surf Life Saving WA. Click on the links for more info!!