How to join
We encourage all, new and existing members to join or renew their membership through the Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) members portal: https://portal.sls.com.au/wps/portal/member
Every member of a Surf Club in Australia is required to have their own SLSA member portal account and login.
Alternatively, new memberships and renewals can be completed on:
- Club Registration Days
- Club Open Day
- Sunday Mornings during the season between 8:15am and 10am
- By contacting the office during business hours, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
New membership are available to be completed through SLSA Members Portal
Click on the “Not a member of a surf club?” link.
To determine how to proceed from here, please continue below:
- Have you or the person you’re signing up on behalf of (e.g. your child) been a member of a surf club or surf lifesaving organisation within the last two years?
- No: Click on the “Join” button under the word No and follow the prompts to join the Club.
- Yes: Click on the “Create an Account” button under the word Yes and follow the prompts to create an SLSA Members Portal Account and join the Club.
Membership renewals are available to be completed through SLSA Members Portal https://portal.sls.com.au/wps/portal/member/ from the 1st August.
The Members Portal enables you to:
- Renew membership
- Change contact details
- Check membership status
- Access the SLSA E-Learning portal
- Check list of Awards and expiry dates
- Check past patrols
- Make payments
Download a copy of the SLSA Members Portal User Guide for instructions on how to create an account and update your details and renew your membership.
Online Membership Renewals:
- Go to portal.sls.com.au
- If you created an account last season, click the ‘log in’ tab across the top
- If you haven’t yet registered, click the ’create account’ tab across the to
- Select ‘Lifesaving Online’ tab across the top, then ‘Membership’
- Go to ‘Renew’
- Check your personal details are correct, tick the relevant boxes and follow the steps to renew.
- Transaction Type = membership fee.
- Ensure payer’s name, contact details and email is correct and submit
- Add credit card details and submit.
Note: Please ensure that you register all members of your family before you pay, payment can be made against one family member’s account (please remember to reference the family names in the details line).
Your online membership renewal request will remain unapproved until payment is made, once payment has been made a copy of your payment receipt is automatically forwarded to the club, at which time the Office will approve your registration renewal request.
FAMILY GROUPS: Allows a family member over 18 years to create a Family Group that will enable them to manage and renew all family members at once and eliminate the need to have individual Portal accounts for each family member. To access Family Groups in the Portal, select the Lifesaving Online tab and select My Family from the sub-menu.
If you are having any issues with this process, or have any questions, please contact the Office on 08 9494 1433 or firstname.lastname@example.org